One of the side effects of clogged drains is the appearance of unpleasant odors that spread in your home. In most cases, the drain becomes clogged when food scraps or piles of hair get stuck in the middle of its journey in the water pipe. These objects gradually mix with other materials, rot, become a den of bacteria, and release the odor.
The most effective tips for overcoming this problem are cleaning the kitchen sink and bathroom regularly. You can use kitchen ingredients such as baking soda powder and vinegar to scrape fat, food crumbs, and odors in dirty water pipes. To be safer, you can use natural ingredients to deal with clogged drains, steps that you can apply, including:
- Pour one cup of baking soda powder into a clogged drain. Make sure the powder reaches the clogged part in the pipe.
- Pour at least two cups of boiling water and let stand for several minutes.
- Add one cup of baking soda powder to the pipe and follow immediately with one cup of vinegar.
- Close the sinkhole. You will see foam and hear the rumble of the reaction of these ingredients. Don’t panic, this is a good sign.
- When the foam has disappeared, add two cups of boiling water.
Also, the thing to remember is, your sink is not a trash bin, so think twice before throwing everything into the sinkhole. Throw leftovers from solid food in the trash. For bathroom sinks, consider using filters placed in sinkholes to block hair that can clog your drains. Good luck!